HELP FOR INDIVIDUALS
CHARITIES AND GRANTS
Auriga Assist provides free, confidential, independent and impartial advice to people that have been referred to us by an organisation we are working with.
These organisations include:
- Severn Trent Trust Fund
- United Utilities Trust Fund
- Thames Water Trust Fund / Thames Water Customer Assistance Fund
If you are a customer of Severn Trent Water, United Utilities or Thames Water who is experiencing financial difficulties you can ask for a range of help from the above Funds. Should our assessors identify that you need additional financial help, you will be referred to this free service.
Please ask yourself the following questions if you are not sure you need advice:
- Do you have water and other debts that are increasing and you don’t know who to turn to?
- Are you finding it difficult to budget for your bills and essential outgoings?
If the answer is ‘yes’ to either of the above questions, then you need to get some advice as soon as possible to avoid things getting worse. Don’t ignore letters from your creditors (the people you owe money to) they will usually be keen to help you if they know that you simply can’t pay.
If you are referred to Auriga Assist you will receive advice by telephone, so you won’t have to leave the house for an appointment and you can talk to us in complete confidence. Auriga Assist is independent, confidential, and our service is totally free of charge. At the appointment, the Adviser:
- Will check to see that you are receiving all the income that you may be entitled to
- Will complete a realistic Income and Expenditure form and give budgeting advice
- Will give you tailored advice based on your situation
- Can contact your creditors to negotiate affordable arrangements for debts such as rent arrears, mortgage/secured loan arrears, council tax arrears (including bailiffs), utility arrears
- Can contact your creditors to negotiate affordable arrangements for debts such as unsecured loans, catalogues, credit/store cards, bank overdrafts
- Can provide ongoing support to you until a satisfactory conclusion has been reached
- Will send you an easy to understand information booklet for your future reference, once the case is closed
You can download our free ‘Budget Sheet’ to work out how much money you have coming in and how much money you spend every month. This will help you work out what you can afford to pay to people you owe. The budget sheet is also to help you budget for unusual expenses such as school uniforms and Christmas shopping.