Assistant Management Accountant
Role Title: Assistant Management Accountant
Contract type: 12 month contract
Salary: £24,000-£28,000 per annum, depending on experience
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week, with flexible working available
Do you have a background in Finance and are seeking more responsibility in your role?
Are you a strong team player able to work to tight deadlines?
We are looking for an Assistant Management Accountant to strengthen our small Finance Team and assist with the thriving growth of Auriga.
Some of the responsibilities for this role include:
- Producing monthly management accounts for up to three entities with a month end turnaround of 4 working days.
- Managing all queries arising from the month end process and liaising with internal and external stakeholders to resolve.
- Assisting the finance managers in obtaining information for reporting, analysis, and budget monitoring by interacting with the operations team managers and executives.
- Preparing bank reconciliations, accruals, prepayments and post journals.
- Assisting with cashflow monitoring of emergency fuel contracts.
- Taking ownership and managing the daily and weekly reconciliations for the emergency fuel payments and report updates to the finance manager.
- Assisting with credit control queries and sales invoicing.
- Managing the fixed assets register.
- Taking responsibility for filing with Companies House/Charity Commission and updating company registers and liaising with trustees when required.
- Providing cover for checking emergency fuel payments and for processing water grant payments.
- Ad-hoc finance responsibilities as and when they arise.
What we are looking for
The ideal candidate for this role would have the following:
- A high level of IT awareness with intermediate Excel abilities and experience using Sage Line 50 or other accounting software
- AAT / ACCA / CIMA part-qualified or qualified by experience
- Ideally have a minimum 3 years’ experience working in a finance department
- Track record of producing management accounts or accounts to trial balance
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Self-motivated and able to self-manage
- Flexible and enthusiastic attitude to work
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Strong planning and organising skills
For more information about the role, please review the full job description here.
A Little About Us
Auriga Services Ltd is a dynamic, fast growing company that is driven by purpose!
We are a company of over 85 friendly staff based in Sutton Coldfield. We are seeking exceptional people with passion, enthusiasm and ability to join and make our mission a reality.
Owned by Severn Trent Charitable Trust, we are one of the UK’s leading providers of services to people in financial difficulty, helping thousands of people every day to alleviate debt and realise income and benefits that make a real difference to the quality of their lives.
We actively embrace the following values to ensure lasting impacts for households.
- We always insist on the highest quality outcomes for our customers
- We value knowledge, learning and sharing of evidence and good practice
- We focus on actions that create positive impacts for every customer
Reasons to work for Auriga:
- Competitive salary
- Contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday allowance, rising with service
- Life assurance scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Supported career development
- Flexible / homeworking arrangements
- Making a genuine and profound difference to people’s lives
As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage applications from any and all sectors of the community, including under-represented groups such as disabled people, members of ethnic minorities, and from the LGBTQ+ community.
Interested? Here’s How to Apply
We welcome applications from those that take the extra effort to do some research about us, and demonstrate a desire to work in a company with our values.
Please forward an up-to-date CV, together with a covering letter expressing your motivation for applying to:
Paula Ward, Senior Management Accountant – email@example.com
If you would like more information about the role, please contact either:
Paula Ward at firstname.lastname@example.org or;
Beverley Renwick at email@example.com
Please note: we automatically reject any application without a covering letter.