Business Development Director
Role Title: Business Development Director
Contract type: Permanent, Full-Time with Flexibility
- £65,000-£70,000 per annum (depending on experience)
- Performance-related bonus of up to 15% of annual salary
- Car allowance
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week, with flexibility
What we are looking for
We are looking for a results-driven senior Business Development Director to lead the growth of Auriga. Reporting to the Chief Executive, this is a new and exciting opportunity, working within our Business Development team.
This position would suit an existing Business or Sales Director or Head of the same.
You will be developing and leading the business growth strategy at Auriga to enable us to fulfill our vision. This position will also have line management responsibility for others.
Your work will take you to the UK’s largest companies, NHS, local authorities and other charities to enable them to help people experiencing financial vulnerability.
You will be forming collaborative partnerships and winning funding to develop large scale programmes to propel the company growth and help us reach more people in vulnerable circumstances. The role will report to the Chief Executive with the following broad responsibilities:
- Creating a growth strategy which enables us to deliver our business objectives
- Identification, targeting and capture of viable new business varying from £50,000 to multi-million contracts
- Developing client and stakeholder relationships, particularly within the UK’s utilities sector, NHS and local authorities to maximise all potential business opportunities
- To form collaborative partnerships across industry and public sector, to identify new areas of opportunity for Auriga
- Deliver appropriate pre-proposal activities that lead to formal customer requests
The position will be responsible for the following roles within Auriga:
- Business Development Executive
- Bid Writer
- Bid Writer trainee
- Marketing Executive
Role responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Design and delivery of a Business Development and Marketing strategy for Auriga for each planning cycle
- Lead the overall business growth within Auriga, working closely with the operations department to maximise growth of existing contracts
- Deliver new signed contracts of at least £400,000 within the first year and increasing thereafter
- Leading the Business Development and Marketing Team
- Reach out to new client leads from initial contact through to continuous positive dialogue
- Self-generating leads through active account management, networking and cold calling
- Perform cost-benefit and needs analysis for potential clients
- Creating innovative proposals with the support of a bid writer and others in Auriga
- Building, engaging and maintaining relationships within the utilities sector including regulators and other client groups
- Representing the company with speaking engagements at conferences and other networking events
For a more information about this role and our ideal candidate, please review the full job description here.
A Little About Us
Auriga Services Ltd is a dynamic, fast growing company that is driven by purpose!
We are a company of over 85 friendly staff based in Sutton Coldfield. We are seeking exceptional people with passion, enthusiasm and ability to join and make our mission a reality.
Owned by Severn Trent Charitable Trust, we are one of the UK’s leading providers of services to people in financial difficulty, helping thousands of people every day to alleviate debt and realise income and benefits that make a real difference to the quality of their lives.
We actively embrace the following values to ensure lasting impacts for households.
- We always insist on the highest quality outcomes for our customers
- We value knowledge, learning and sharing of evidence and good practice
- We focus on actions that create positive impacts for every customer
Reasons to work for Auriga:
- Competitive salary
- Contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday allowance, rising with service
- Life assurance scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Supported career development
- Flexible / homeworking arrangements
- Making a genuine and profound difference to people’s lives
As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage applications from any and all sectors of the community, including under-represented groups such as disabled people, members of ethnic minorities, and from the LGBTQ+ community.
Interested? Here’s How to Apply
This role recruitment is being led by Antony Marchant at Broster Buchanan
To express your interest, please contact Antony at email@example.com