Business Development Director
Role Title: Business Development Director
Contract type: Permanent, Full-Time with Flexibility
Salary: Circa £55,000 per annum + performance bonus – Full-Time Equivalent, Depending on Experience
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week, with flexibility
Closing Date: 1st June 2021
Location: At our Head Office in Sutton Coldfield, with a reasonable amount of homeworking (after successfully completing the probation period (except during COVID-19 restrictions)) to suit both yours and the business needs.
A little about us!
Auriga Services Ltd is a dynamic, fast growing company that is driven by purpose!
As a Public Benefit Entity our primary objective is to provide goods or services for the general public or social benefit.
Owned by Severn Trent Charitable Trust, we are one of the UK’s leading providers of services to people in financial difficulty, helping thousands of people every day to alleviate debt and realise income and benefits that make a real difference to the quality of their lives.
We actively embrace the following values to ensure lasting impacts for households.
- We always insist on the highest quality outcomes for our customers
- We value knowledge, learning and sharing of evidence and good practice
- We focus on actions that create positive impacts for every customer
We are strategic thinkers, with a vision to create three million healthy homes by 2030.
Our vision is ambitious for the wider positive impact we have and the difference we will make to households and our success is measured by the value we create for people.
The role itself
Team setup & reporting lines
Reporting to the Chief Executive, this is a new and exciting opportunity, working within our Business Development team.
This position will also have line management responsibility for others.
Job Purpose overview
We are looking for a results-driven senior Business Development Director to lead the growth of Auriga.
You will be developing and leading the business growth strategy at Auriga to enable us to fulfill our vision.
Your work will take you to the UK’s largest companies, NHS, local authorities and other charities to enable them to help people experiencing financial vulnerability.
You will be forming collaborative partnerships and winning funding to develop large scale programmes to propel the company growth and help us reach more people in vulnerable circumstances. The role will report to the Chief Executive with the following broad responsibilities:
- Creating a growth strategy which enables us to deliver our business objectives
- Identification, targeting and capture of viable new business varying from £50k to multi-million contracts
- Developing client and stakeholder relationships, particularly within the UK’s utilities sector, NHS and local authorities to maximise all potential business opportunities
- To form collaborative partnerships across industry and public sector, to identify new areas of opportunity for Auriga
- Deliver appropriate pre-proposal activities that lead to formal customer requests
Key Responsibilities overview
Role responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Design and delivery of a Business Development and Marketing strategy for Auriga for each planning cycle
- Lead the overall business growth within Auriga, working closely with the operations department to maximise growth of existing contracts
- Deliver new signed contracts of at least £400,000 within the first year and increasing thereafter
- Leading the Business Development and Marketing Team
- Reach out to new client leads from initial contact through to continuous positive dialogue
- Self-generating leads through active account management, networking and cold calling
- Perform cost-benefit and needs analysis for potential clients
- Creating innovative proposals with the support of a bid writer and others in Auriga
- Building, engaging and maintaining relationships within the utilities sector including regulators and other client groups
- Representing the company with speaking engagements at conferences and other networking events
Who may the role suit?
This position would suit an existing Business or Sales Director or Head of the same.
For a more information about this role and our ideal candidate, please review the full job description here.
Reasons to work for Auriga:
- Competitive salary
- Contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday allowance, rising with service
- Life assurance scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Supported career development
- Flexible / homeworking arrangements
- Making a genuine and profound difference to people’s lives
Interested? Here’s how to apply.
We’re looking for a special something when it comes to finding potential new members of the Auriga family. We particularly welcome applications from those that take the extra effort to do some research about us, and demonstrate a desire to work in a company with our values.
Still interested? Then send us an up to date CV, together with a covering letter detailing the impact that you will have at Auriga, why you believe that you will be a good cultural fit for our organisation and what you believe to be your competitive edge to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Internal Candidates looking for their next career move within Auriga
Send your up to date CV together with a covering letter detailing why you are interested in the post and what you think you can bring to the position to your HR contact.
We automatically reject an application that arrives without a covering letter.