Role Title: Finance Assistant
Contract type: 12 month contract
Salary: £19,000 per annum
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week, with flexibility
Are you organised, self-motivated and able to work under pressure?
Are you looking to start a career in a finance office?
We are looking to recruit an ambitious person to join our Finance team as our new Finance Assistant to help with the thriving growth of Auriga.
Some of the responsibilities for this role include:
- Maintain or assist with the maintenance of purchase ledgers
- Process grant payments, generate payment reports and send reports to external companies
- Process payments for Debt Relief Order fees and bankruptcy fees
- Make online bank payments
- Prepare or assist with bank, water and Further Assistance Payment reconciliations
- Make emergency fuel payments through the PayPoint and Post Office systems
- Input emergency fuel payment data accurately to the Auriga database
- Respond to email queries from clients related to emergency fuel vouchers
- Work with the Auriga First Admin Team to resolve more complex emergency fuel queries and reconciliations relating to emergency fuel vouchers
- Support the team with preparing the monthly management accounts
- Help to maintain the fixed assets register
- Assist with audits (preparing information for the auditors and helping with queries)
- Ad-hoc finance responsibilities as and when they arise.
What we are looking for
The ideal candidate for this role would have the following:
- GCSE Mathematics and English
- Previous experience working in a finance office
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Outlook
- Good organisational skills – able to manage and prioritise own workload with minimal supervision
- Able to work in a strictly confidential manner
- Work as part of a team
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Accurate and good at attention to detail
- Confident and approachable
- Flexible and adaptable
For more information about the role, please review the full job description here.
A Little About Us
Auriga Services Ltd is a dynamic, fast growing company that is driven by purpose!
We are a company of over 85 friendly staff based in Sutton Coldfield. We are seeking exceptional people with passion, enthusiasm and ability to join and make our mission a reality.
Owned by Severn Trent Charitable Trust, we are one of the UK’s leading providers of services to people in financial difficulty, helping thousands of people every day to alleviate debt and realise income and benefits that make a real difference to the quality of their lives.
We actively embrace the following values to ensure lasting impacts for households.
- We always insist on the highest quality outcomes for our customers
- We value knowledge, learning and sharing of evidence and good practice
- We focus on actions that create positive impacts for every customer
Reasons to work for Auriga:
- Competitive salary
- Contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday allowance, rising with service
- Life assurance scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Supported career development
- Flexible / homeworking arrangements
- Making a genuine and profound difference to people’s lives
As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage applications from any and all sectors of the community, including under-represented groups such as disabled people, members of ethnic minorities, and from the LGBTQ+ community.
Interested? Here’s How to Apply
We welcome applications from those that take the extra effort to do some research about us, and demonstrate a desire to work in a company with our values.
Please forward an up-to-date CV, together with a covering letter expressing your motivation for applying to:
Paula Ward, Senior Management Accountant – email@example.com
If you would like more information about the role, please contact either:
Paula Ward at firstname.lastname@example.org or;
Beverley Renwick at email@example.com
Please note: we automatically reject any application without a covering letter.