Contract type: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: Circa £26,000 per annum
Do you have IT experience and looking for your next career move?
Are you friendly, focused and efficient?
We have an exciting new position as an IT Technician available to join our IT team. Accountable to the IT Manager, the IT Technician will be responsible for ensuring that Auriga staff receive a fast, friendly service to keep them operational at all times.
Whilst providing 2nd line IT support, this role also involves line managing a 1st line support technician – a great opportunity to develop or expand upon any management experience.
Some of the responsibilities for this role include:
- Providing fast, polite and efficient responses to all staff as second line IT support
- Line manage first line IT support technician.
- Reporting and tracking any tickets unable to be resolved to external IT provider.
- Monitor, prioritise and resolve the incoming support calls from staff, liaising with IT colleagues and other staff as required.
- Managing the installation and configuration of IT equipment, including new user accounts
- Deliver IT induction training for any new staff, and existing staff when required.
- Administration of telephone lines, systems and mobile devices.
- Management of maintenance contracts of software.
- Administration of Office365 including user management.
- Ensure that correct procedures are followed for granting and maintaining access to systems and IT resources.
- Carry out periodic audits of assets to ensure that the system is up to date and being used correctly.
- Take the lead on specific smaller IT projects or aspects of larger projects.
- Assist the IT Manager with larger IT projects across the company.
- Work with the Finance team to check and approve IT invoices.
- Complete IT Security Audits when required.
What we are looking for
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience and knowledge of networks and IT infrastructure
- Minimum Comp-TIA A+ qualification or equivalent
- High level of attention to detail
- Good organising and process improvement skills
- Strong customer focussed verbal and communication skills
- Great time management skills and able to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to work in a strictly confidential manner
- A positive and supportive attitude toward other team members
For more information about the role, please review the full job description here.
A Little About Us
Auriga Services Ltd is a dynamic, fast growing company that is driven by purpose!
We are a company of over 85 friendly staff based in Sutton Coldfield. We are seeking exceptional people with passion, enthusiasm and ability to join and make our mission a reality.
Owned by Severn Trent Charitable Trust, we are one of the UK’s leading providers of services to people in financial difficulty, helping thousands of people every day to alleviate debt and realise income and benefits that make a real difference to the quality of their lives.
We actively embrace the following values to ensure lasting impacts for households.
- We always insist on the highest quality outcomes for our customers
- We value knowledge, learning and sharing of evidence and good practice
- We focus on actions that create positive impacts for every customer
Reasons to work for Auriga:
- Competitive salary
- Contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday allowance, rising with service
- Life assurance scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Supported career development
- Flexible / homeworking arrangements
- Making a genuine and profound difference to people’s lives
As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage applications from any and all sectors of the community, including under-represented groups such as disabled people, members of ethnic minorities, and from the LGBTQ+ community.
Interested? Here’s How to Apply
We welcome applications from those that take the extra effort to do some research about us, and demonstrate a desire to work in a company with our values.
Please forward an up-to-date CV, together with a covering letter expressing your motivation for applying to:
Laura Cox, IT Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: we automatically reject any application without a covering letter.