Trainee Welfare Benefits Adviser
Role Title: Trainee Welfare Benefits Adviser
Contract type: Full time permanent (37.5 hours)
Salary: Up to £23,000 upon successful completion of training
Are you an empathetic person with an eagerness to learn?
Do you want to make a genuine difference in people’s lives?
We are currently looking for a Trainee Welfare Benefits Adviser to join a fast-paced and friendly Auriga Assist team, providing financial assessment and assistance to vulnerable people across the country through a variety of contracts.
No previous experience is required but a commitment to learning is essential to successfully complete the training. This role is ideal for someone starting their career path or looking to change vocation.
We are located in Sutton Coldfield in the West Midlands, but are open to remote working candidates.
Some of the responsibilities for this role include:
- Working with and supporting vulnerable people of all ages and abilities to try to maximise their income and improve their financial circumstances and wellbeing.
- Manage your own workload, administration and diary commitments
- Develop and manage interviews with clients using sensitive listening and questioning skills in order to allow clients to explain their problems.
- Ensure a high quality service to customers including, but not limited to, face to face, telephone, written and emails.
- Work with colleagues, stakeholders and health and social care professionals to evaluate caseload needs and the progress that has been made
- Ensure that your knowledge is kept up to date with regard to signposting clients to Local Welfare Provision, Trust Funds, Operational Therapy assessments etc.
What we are looking for
The ideal candidate for this role would have the following:
- Good knowledge of IT packages including MS Office
- Excellent written and spoken English and ability to communicate at all levels with particular emphasis on negotiating
- A willingness to learn
- Flexible, self-motivated, enthusiastic and resilient;
- Excellent organisational skills
- An ability to monitor and maintain own quality standards
- Be required to hold an enhanced disclosure barring certificate
For more information about the role, please review the full job description here.
A Little About Us
Auriga Services Ltd is a dynamic, fast growing company that is driven by purpose!
We are a company of over 85 friendly staff based in Sutton Coldfield. We are seeking exceptional people with passion, enthusiasm and ability to join and make our mission a reality.
Owned by Severn Trent Charitable Trust, we are one of the UK’s leading providers of services to people in financial difficulty, helping thousands of people every day to alleviate debt and realise income and benefits that make a real difference to the quality of their lives.
We actively embrace the following values to ensure lasting impacts for households.
- We always insist on the highest quality outcomes for our customers
- We value knowledge, learning and sharing of evidence and good practice
- We focus on actions that create positive impacts for every customer
Reasons to work for Auriga:
- Competitive salary
- Contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday allowance, rising with service
- Life assurance scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Supported career development
- Flexible / homeworking arrangements
- Making a genuine and profound difference to people’s lives
As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage applications from any and all sectors of the community, including under-represented groups such as disabled people, members of ethnic minorities, and from the LGBTQ+ community.
Interested? Here’s How to Apply
We welcome applications from those that take the extra effort to do some research about us, and demonstrate a desire to work in a company with our values.
Please forward an up-to-date CV, together with a covering letter expressing your motivation for applying to:
Eleanor Poole, Team Manager – email@example.com
Adam Burgess – firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 17.00 on Thursday 30th September 2021; interviews to be confirmed following shortlisting
Please note: we automatically reject any application without a covering letter.